Posted during the lunar eclipse of May, 2022.
TWO VENDORS ONE PRINT
- One vendor makes the mesmerizing prints in NY, NY.
- Another administers the finishing touches in Rochester, NY.
The following layouts were approved by both companies.
After both companies agreed on the layouts, reference prints could be made. A reference print is the legend we will all use to keep print quality consistent now and into the future.
THIS PAST WEEK
The pre-cut proofs arrived from NYC.
The reference prints arrived with the finishing touches from Rochester.
- Thin layer of opaque white to seal the ink and complete the art
- Apply 3M pressure sensitive adhesive
- Cut perfect circles using our custom die
- Pack and ship to assembly
A Larger Frame of Reference
Everyone involved now holds the same vetted reference prints to naturally increase the likelihood for a series of smooth, consistent, high-quality print runs. We have a shared legend and are ready to manufacture the prints to match. I've been looking forward to writing that sentence for two years.
TIME REMAINING TO ASSEMBLE
Five Weeks for the prints to be created by Duggal.
Once Duggal conjures their 4 picolitre printing magic in NYC, everything gets shipped to Rochester.
Two Weeks to administer the finishing touches.
One Week for shipping all of these faces to different places.
= EIGHT WEEKS
Eight Weeks to experience the gift of getting to make The Present again.